Thursday, October 14, 2010

Me, a mother at the age of 22.

'Real Life' Young mommy

What was your situation when you had your first baby? Were you happy/scared/anxious about becoming a mom?

I was not yet married when I got pregnant, but I’m already working. My boyfriend and I were having a 4 months relationship and we are happy. We do not plan to get married yet, but when our parents found out, they planned a wedding for us. And that was good because they are very supportive. Of course, knowing that you bear another human being inside your womb is an amazing and a wonderful feeling. Scared? At first, because we are not married yet and we didn’t know how to tell our parents. Anxious? Hmmm… a little bit, maybe because it’s my first time, and there are things happened that you couldn’t really explain. But the true feeling of becoming a mother is unexplainable. I don’t know how happy I am that time because the thing that I’m dreaming and expecting to come in 5 or 10 years, God gave it to me too much earlier. That’s why I called this a blessing. ^_^

What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant? Was your partner supportive of your decision? Was your family supportive of your decision?

Actually it was my boyfriend (husband now) who first noticed the signs. He frequently asked me how I feel, am I dizzy or does my head aches, do I vomit…etc… It was a month ago since I have my last menstruation, and I started wondering when it was more than 40 days since I haven’t had my menstruation. I search the internet about the signs and symptoms of being pregnant, and found out that most of the results were happening in me. He was starting to apply for a job that time and to avoid adding to his burdens, I convinced myself that I’m not pregnant and I’m just stressed that’s why I encountered such signs. But sooner, I realized that I think I must take this seriously before I regret this. So, I tried to take that PT and I couldn't believe my eyes when that little pink plus sign came up! The first thing that came to my mind was to tell my mother, because we are the same woman. But fear comes to me first so I’d better told it to my boyfriend. He was not surprised because he was wondering about this since. Well, he is supportive. But in times that I get emotional too much, I don’t know if he already thought of leaving me, or is it one of the mood swing of being pregnant. There are times that we‘re having a hard time because of our family’s status. But in the end, we managed to get over the worst situation. We decided to hide this matter to our parents and friends until they just noticed it. My parents and his parents found out when I’m 4 to 5 months pregnant. In my side, my mother found out on her own because she noticed the changes in my body. And after that, we planned the wedding and get married after a month. They were supportive but I know that they were shocked because they did not expect this will happen to me in an earlier stage of my life.

What would be the biggest piece of advice you would give to other young moms?

First, take care of yourself. That includes physically, emotionally, and mentally. Don’t ever try or think of aborting your own child, you might regret it your whole life. Get as much education as you possibly can even if you are past the formal schooling stage; make sure you stay educated about what's going on in the world so you can make informed decisions about things. Eventually, everything will trickle down and affect you/your family/your child at some point. Physically and emotionally, if you aren't healthy you can't take care of your family. If there is a concern, get help! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and there are professionals in many different fields who are available to make sure you are alright so you can give the best care you can to your family. The second thing is to realize that now your baby and family come first before anything else. That's what being a mother means, and if you aren't ready for that-don't have babies!

Whats been the most difficult part of being pregnant? The best part?

The most difficult part was having a mood swing. During my pregnancy I became more emotional than when I am not. And I know it was a hard time to my husband. But he managed to understand me and act patiently until the day of my delivery. The best part was knowing that you will soon born a beautiful creation of God. An angel gifted for loving each other and soon you will love and will love you both.


0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates